Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Quick update April 14

Sorry to be getting this out so late. This day has been incredibly busy. I have to be at LDS Hospital at 5:30 a.m. tomorrow morning and my surgery is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. I'm glad I will be sleeping through it. I will need it!

I met with my surgeon late this afternoon - more like early tonight. Her office was packed and she was running about an hour and a half behind. She felt so badly that I had to wait so long. It must have been such a long day for her. We went over the possibilities of the surgery. It's still quite scary and I had some moments after the appointment. I'm finding that - through this thing - I have to give myself some time to get my head around the possibilities and realize that - no matter what - I am going to be okay. This really isn't in my hands and I have to trust the one whose hands it is in.

I had an amazing blessing tonight from Brother Jeff Anderson - Doctor extrordinaire - with Brother B and Bishop Slater attending as well. It honestly made me feel so much better about the surgery - everything. It really is going to be okay.

I will have Shawna or someone send out an email and let you all know how things went tomorrow.

Thanks again for all of your love and prayers. I am getting through this day by day because of you.

No comments: