Friday, April 11, 2008

April 11

So, when I said I wouldn't have any more information from the doctors this week in my last update, I inadvertently lied.

I had a surprise phone call yesterday. My surgeons office called and, even though I don't meet with her until late Monday afternoon on April 14th, I am scheduled for surgery the next day - Tuesday, April 15th. They won't know what time the surgery will be until after noon on Monday. Frankly, I don't even know where I'm having the surgery. I'm guessing the new hospital, but I don't know.

They have me scheduled for a lumpectomy and a removal of the lymph nodes from my arm pit. They are hopeful that they will get clean margins and no further surgery will be needed. This is what I am praying for. It's outpatient surgery so I will be home later the same day.

Treatment will be determined after the surgery when they biopsy all of the lymph nodes and mass. As I mentioned before - I will more then likely have chemo with a possibility of radiation afterward.

Our dear friend Rod Snow is having a biopsy on Monday. Some of us are fasting this Sunday. We would love for any of you to join this fast with us.

And, thanks to sweet Betsy Hintze, I have a blog site.

Go to:

http://cynthiaupdate.blogspot.com/

The photo is a self portrait of my feet as I am kayaking with my friend Bruce Lindberg down a beautiful part of the Snake River around Oxbow Bend in the Tetons. The quote is one I found that I really like right now - for obvious reasons. Please feel free to go there to check on updates. Also, you are welcome to post comments there. I will get emailed when you do.

If anyone can come-up with a better name for the blog site - you're welcome to send suggestions. I will even credit you on the site. Just nothing too cheesy. I can't think of anything that doesn't seem too cornball.

Thanks again to all of you for your love and prayers. I don't know what I would do without you!

Cyn

1 comment:

Betty Grace said...

Well, surprise it's all different. :) Looks great! thanks for the update. As always, you're in my prayers.