Wednesday, September 24, 2008

September 24

So, last Monday – September 15th – I started Radiation Treatments. I asked the techs again if it is possible for the treatments to make me feel nauseated. They said – no way! Well, guess what? Radiation Treatments make nauseated. I looked online and it said that although it is rare – it does sometimes happen. I spoke to my Radiation Oncologist last Friday and he said that it really doesn’t happen often – but it can happen and if I need something – he would be happy to get me a prescription. I am – of course – very dubious that anything would help me since nothing did during my chemo treatments.

Cathy – at Dr. Morgan’s office – said I could just be one of those barfy people that get nauseated for no good reason and nothing seems to help them. I think she was right. What the heck? I mean – it is RARE that someone gets nauseated from radiation for breast cancer. Do I really need to be part of that group? If I am going to be part of a RARE group – couldn’t it be that I am part of a rare group of women recovering from breast cancer that meet and marry a really handsome, nice millionaire?

It’s not nearly as bad as the nausea after the first week after chemo treatments – but it’s not fun either. I am just going to grin and bear it.

Other than this unpleasantness – I am actually doing quite well. I haven’t noticed too much of a decline in my energy yet. Last weekend I was able to go to the UMFA to see the Monet to Picasso exhibit – so glad I didn’t miss it – and a party at Darci Anderson’s home. She is currently in her parent’s home in Draper with the most awesome audio-visual room.

This week, I was able to go to book club last night and actually start Tai Chi classes at East High tonight. I hope I will do okay and will have enough energy to get through it.

My hair is starting to come in but it is coming in all weird. It’s really blonde and then has some darker patches. Cathy suggested I shave off the fuzz and it should come in better. I think I will do that in the next day or two. My eyelashes and eybrows are making a comeback as well. One of these days - I may feel like a normal person again.

As many of you know, our dear friend Betsy Berge lost her Mother last weekend. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. Also, our friend Sheree Fitzgerald Hastings is in the hospital after delivering her baby early and suffering from preeclampsia and HLLP syndrome. Her kidneys are not functioning and she is very ill. Her baby boy is doing well and gaining weight but is still in the hospital. Please keep them in your prayers as well.

I will hopefully be able to start teaching my Gospel Doctrine class again in the next few weeks. I think I could handle it. We’ll have to see.

Thanks again to all of you that continue to pray for me. I know it has made all of the difference for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about the nausea. I think a definition of hell will be either eternal nausea or vomiting. Hope it improves:) Glad you made it to the exhibit.