Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 9

This week has been better so far. The pain is all but gone. I still feel a little achy in some of my joints, but overall – I feel much improved from last week. It’s great how you get feeling just good enough before they blast you with another round of chemo. After this Friday’s treatment – I will only have 2 treatments left. I can’t begin to say how happy I am about that. August 8th – a day that will reign as one of the best ever days of all time.

My eyebrows and eyelashes are barely hanging in there. I told Shawna that I’m starting to have to sort of pencil in my brows and I’m starting to look like the leader of a Ladies Bowling Team. She told me that I should go bowling to see if this will help my score. I would, but don’t have the energy for that sort of nonsense right now. Even on the best of days – bowling is nonsense.

My energy level has been very low since this last treatment. I am always so tired. Honestly, it is a big day for me if I have enough energy after work to go to Albertsons on a quick errand. I am usually in bed between 9 and 10 p.m. This is the first time since grade school that I have gone to bed so early. But, sleeping is just the best. I heart sleeping.

I played Let’s Make a Deal with Heavenly Father and told him that I really want to go to the temple this week and do Initiatory. I told that him I want to go but need to feel good enough to go. I think I’m actually going to make it tonight. I’m so glad.

I had another great blessing this past Sunday from Brother Knowlton after Sacrament Meeting. The blessings are really helping me get through this trial. Last week was very difficult and having another blessing has helped a lot.

I didn’t do too much over the 4th of July weekend, but was able to take Atticus to the park across from Hogle Zoo so he could do a little swimming and run around like a spaz on Friday. He LOVES the water. Saturday, I spent some time working in my yard. As I was trimming my rose bushes – an analogy came to my mind.

When it comes to gardening – sometimes you have to really cut and whack at something to make it grow to be more beautiful. I think that is how it us with us and our trials. God gives us trials to help us grow and become more beautiful – more like Him – more like Christ. I hope that is what is happening for me in the middle of this trial. I really want to grow and learn all I can from this and hope I don’t get in the way of my own education.

Thanks – again and again – to all of you for your love, concern and prayers.

Cyn

2 comments:

Debbie Alden said...

I'd join your bowling team! You sound like you are doing great! My prayers are with you.

Scully said...

I was on the Taylor Creek Trail on Friday and thought of you sister. It was very green and there was actually water in the creek! Lots of lizards too:)